Hi Everyone! I hope you’re all having a great holiday season. Best wishes to you and yours, and may AWESOME STUFF happen to you this coming year in 2017!!
My year in review:
1. My second YA novel, BOTTLED, released on July 7. I’ve officially earned enough $ to have paperbacks made by my Clean Reads publisher, and here’s a shot of them all decked out in Christmas array. I just love seeing my books in multiples!! By the way, I noticed the ebook is still only 99 cents on Amazon HERE--ya can't beat that price.
2. My third YA novel, THE LYING PLANET, released on September 19. I’ve also gotten copies of this for myself to sell at writer conferences like the annual spring SCBWI gathering I go to in the Portland, Oregon, area.
3. I’m featured today on the ADVENTURES TO YA PUBLISHING blog as a guest post author, talking about The Zen of Accepting Bad Reviews. Come visit, read, and comment HERE!
4. At the beginning of the year, I started a fairy tale retelling of a more obscure French story, and I’m pleased to say that I’m just a couple of chapters away from finishing the rough draft of the book, at about 81,000 words. I’m really surprised I did so much on it, since I was swamped with editorial notes and release promo for my two other books this year. Talk about busy!! Whew. Remind me never to do that again. lol Anyway, I hope to shape up this book and be querying an agent by about March or so. Query trenches, here I come! Email me if you write YA and you might like to beta or critique partner swap in January! (carolriggsauthor at gmail)
5. I’m officially announcing today that I’m taking time off from blogging to concentrate on my writing for 2017. Blogging has been a great adventure for me since I began it in 2010, but now I feel my focus is better spent elsewhere. While I love visiting blogs and seeing what my bloggy buddies are doing, it’s also very time-consuming. I’d love to stay connected with you and swap news, though; my main areas will be Facebook and Twitter from now on. Please find me there if you aren’t following me already! Here are the links:
Carol on FACEBOOK: Carol Riggs, Author
Carol on TWITTER: @Artzicarol
What are your goals (writing or otherwise) for 2017?
How do you feel about blogging? Are you still loving it, or are you growing weary?
What are your plans for the holidays—anything unusual, exciting, or heartwarming to share?